Opening Job Position: Catering Supervisor
Job Category: Oil & Gas Industry – Facilities Management Department.
Country – Location: Qatar – Oil & Gas Company.
Recruitment scheme: Direct hire – online interview.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an online interview.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel or Catering Management.
- Certified in HACCP on Food Safety & Hygiene.
- Knowledge and/or Experience.
- 8 years’ experience in food service field including 4 years’ experience at supervisory level.
- Technical and Business Skills.
- Proficient written & spoken English.
- Strong customer service oriented.
- Good planning and delivery skills.
Develop, plan, and supervise all aspects of catering activities for Onshore and Offshore facilities, as well as assigned administrative support functions.
- Reporting and Relationships – Reports to Head of Catering.
Internal: Frequent routine contacts with work associates from HSEQ on regular hygiene control inspection, safety and environmental compliance and Public Relations on Special functions and VIP functions and events.
External: Regular contact with catering services contractors, vendors, other 3rd party services providers and local authorities and Governmental health authorities.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- Key challenge is motivating staff and developing teamwork within a diverse workforce.
- The catering section consists of multiple contract staff covering several different shifts and catering facilities throughout the organisation.
- Meeting the expectations of company VIP visitors while maintaining the customer satisfaction level in all catering facilities including the hygiene compliance.
- The operating environment details multiple contractors providing catering services which may require from time to time a resolution of any disputes.
As defined for this job level in the Delegation of Authority and/or approved budget.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Establish catering section’s quality standards for food production and preparations, hygiene, safety, and environmental awareness in accordance with policies and procedures and maintain all Internal quality check record or documents as per the catering services procedure.
- Plan, organize, and administer the Catering contract, including supervision of Contractor’s personnel, for the department. Recommend and develop office systems to track meal numbers and types of services performed; analyse trends to support department continuous improvement drive.
- Supervise the works of assigned catering business unit to ensure adequate manpower coverage, equal distribution of work assignment and to evaluate performance to ensure delivery of service.
- Develop and review annual operating budget and capital needs for the execution of the Catering contract. Coordinate and review catering budget with Head of Catering for approval in line with department budget cap. Process invoices received from the catering contractor for the services rendered as per agreed contract.
- Liaise with the Contractor’s Head Chef to plan and coordinate details of catering events to include determining manpower levels and communicating menu requirements and selections ensuring adherence to the catering contract specifications.
- Ensure all pre risk assessments, health & safety, food safety checks and Allergen Management checks are carried out for any special catering functions and daily canteen operations.
- Conduct regular inspections of catering section in compliance with Company HSE standards, and ensure corrective action takes place and issues are closed out timely and professionally. Deal with customer complaints and managing client expectations.
- Conduct the checking & reviewing of the quality and quantity of all food & beverage supplies in storage, to ensure continuity of catering operation in all aspects of risk management. Monitor daily food sampling process is carried in all catering facilities in compliance with the health authorities. Review contractor performance evaluation as per the company procedure.
- Support the Permit to Work activity related to Catering related area of operation/facilities, and act as authorized signatory for material passes, gate passes, and when required for accomplishing certain services that involve material movement/distribution related to catering operation.
- Work closely with company representatives and review of layout, designs, fit out strategy, commissioning and operational readiness of additional facilities as required.