Opening Job Position: Office Services Officer
Job Category: Oil & Gas Industry – Facilities Management Department
Country – Location: Qatar – Oil & Gas Company
Hiring scheme: Direct hire
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an online interview.
Job Description – Office Services Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Facility Management.
- Knowledge and/or Experience 5 years’ experience in the field of facilities administration, services, cost control and budgeting (preferably Oil & Gas company experience).
- Technical and Business Skills
- Proven analytical, administrative, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills including full MS Office Suite, proficient with spreadsheets, experience with SAP.
- Knowledge of adapted company policy and procedures.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to work effectively in team-oriented environment.
- Maintain and support the provision of office services to all company facilities.
Reporting and Relationships – Reports to Head of Office Services.
- Internal Regular contact with personnel across the company up to manager level from various departments.
- Frequent interface with Supply, IT, Engineering, and HSEQ departments.
- External Frequent contact with office equipment, maintenance, service contracts and various other service providers.
- Occasional contacts with RLIC, Kahramaa, Qatar Cool and Qatar Post.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
- The operating environment is an office as well as industrial based and is highly process and system driven with strict controls that must be adhered to often with short deadlines.
- The complexity of dealing with multiple customers/stakeholders providing services across the company at multiple work locations including Doha and Ras Laffan.
- This is a 24/7 operation, and the incumbent is required to be always on call for emergency situations.
- Requirement to be on call at times of emergency situations.
- As defined for this job level in the Delegation of Authority and/or approved budget.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Support the activities of assigned personnel in the Office Services Section.
- Coordinate housekeeping and pantry services at all company facilities, ensuring appropriate hygiene standards and best practice are followed. Coordinate complete office waste disposal and related recycling processes across the company facilities.
- Monitor all pest control activities at all office buildings and non-plant administration area, including office building and of designated areas in Ras Laffan, Doha, and Offshore locations.
- Administer the company’s mail service activities in all company office locations including national postal services and courier service contracts, etc. Ensure efficient despatch, collection and distribution of all company mail and generate weekly and monthly record for all incoming and outgoing mail services.
- Administer Facilities Management (FM) Help Desk process to improve the complete service-related requests of the department is achieved by efficient monitoring process and provide periodical reports to department management.
- Monitor the efficient functioning of company other office equipment in terms operability and periodical maintenance, which includes the supply of appropriate consumables for all such office equipment
- Help with the supply, installation, update, and periodical maintenance for all internal/external signage at all company facilities/locations.
- Support for the Permit to Work activity (FM related)
- Ensure all payments for service-related contracts are completed as per the established contract scope, according to the approved budget and reviews monthly expenditure reports from SAP.
- Coordinate regular SHE inspections in all office facilities within the administration area and appropriate improvements/ corrective measures related to safety, housekeeping and maintenance are promptly completed.